Sunday, May 11, 2008

Trip to Tulsa for Karate Testing




Andrea and Adam are doing great in their Karate Class.
Last weekend we went to Tulsa to watch them test for their next belt.
Everything was going great when as I was filming Adam and then panned over to Andrea,
. . . . . "Uh, James what is wrong with Andrea?"
Andrea was on the floor surrounded by adults and other competitors.
In her last form for her Blue Belt she turned wrong and her leg slid out from under her and she landed on the floor. We rushed to the floor and already her knee was swelling.
Off we go to the emergency room for ex-rays and care. It was a bad sprang and she would have to be on crutches for a while. Prom was next weekend!!!!
Later that week Andrea asked me to take her to the doctor. Well I thought she must be getting worse to request that. So Friday I get her an appointment. The doctor lookes at her knee and says she agree's it is a bad sprang, but she will order the ex-ray's and a MRI to make sure.
Andrea then asks "What can you do so I don't have to use crutches tomorrow night?"
IS SHE FOR REAL? Our doctor then told her she would prob be on crutches for six weeks.
I guess no magic cure. At least she got her Blue Belt.
Oh, BTW, Adam got his too.
Donna

0 comments: